Sunday, September 19, 2010

August -September 2010

We have had a very busy couple of months. We attended our first Astro's game. The tickets were unbelievably cheap. We got to sit close to the field. It was probably one of the most entertaining baseball games I have ever been to. Even Keegan made it through the entire game without a fit. It was a wonderful family day.

The process of getting ready to return to school always has us racing. From the shopping for new school clothes, new shoes, and school supplies to just preparing for getting up early and the day to day tasks. I think the transition back to school this year went rather smoothly. Brennan started the 3rd grade. He loves his teacher and is really enjoying being back. We had a new addition this year, our niece who entered the 10th grade. Even with a bit of anxiety over the transition she seems to be really enjoying school. Then our little man, he moved to a new room at school. They are teaching him his letters, colors, numbers. They have also begun to teach them to write and he is taking computers. All of the children are doing exceedingly well. Based on first progress reports we have A's all around.

Steve's mom came to visit at the end of August. We made a trip to Kemah and had a wonderful day. The kids really enjoyed all the rides. I enjoyed taking pictures as usual. I love taking pictures of the trees and the water as well as just taking photos from different angles. Here are a few of the scenery from our trip.

On labor day we had a little barbecue with a few friends. The weather was kind of gloomy so we spent most of the day indoors. Labor Day fell on Brennan's birthday this year. Although we didn't have a party on that day he had a few friends over to play. The kids swam some in between the rain, thunder and lightening. Shelby made Brennan a cake to celebrate. Everyone had good time!

Brennan officially celebrated his birthday the following weekend. No big party this year. We told him he could invite a few friends for a sleepover. So, Brennan and 3 of his friends hung out, played video games, ate pizza and junk, and watched movies. It was around midnight when Steve and I finally decided it was time for them all to quiet down. It was a loud, laughter filled evening.

And last but not least. Steve and I celebrated our 9th anniversary. It amazes me how the time has passed by so quickly. We have definitely had our ups and downs but have come out on top stronger than ever. We went our for a wonderful family dinner. Yes, family dinner because....well that is what we are. Steve also sent me some lillies this year. I can't say enough about the wonderful man I married. He is an amazing husband, friend, and father. Love ya babe!

No comments: