Pages

Monday, December 28, 2009

The End of 2009!

Christmas is over and the New Year will soon be here. The dissaray from the hurried unwrapping of gifts is finally gone. The boxes and trash bags have moved to the street for garbage pick up. The tree with all its shiny lights and ornaments will soon be cleared to the attic. I so love the holidays but once they are over I am always anxious to clear the clutter. Those of you that know me well know that clean and organized is the only way for me. Anyway, as we usher in the New Year I can't help but reflect on 2009. The move from everything and everyone we know and love was difficult but necessary. The long months waiting to see if the bank would approve the Short Sale on our home in CA was exhausting at times. Then of course getting used to our new home and surroundings has been a new adventure. I am so thankful for all the blessings in our life especially in light of the current economic struggles. Both Steve and I are employed, we have healthy happy children, we have a beautiful new home, an amazing family and support network of friends. Those we have met on our new journey have been amazingly kind and generous. With all its ups and downs I am happy we are where we are and am enjoying the ride.

I posted a few links in my Recipes section. The Hot Buttered Rum recipe is amazing. I made a full recipe and it is almost gone. It is definitely one to keep in the freezer all the time. The Twist-a-Ronis are a family favorite. I make them often for parties. You can even switch them up a bit. For our Christmas Party I made some traditional and some with prosciutto and parmesan. Yummy! The Mexican Corn Soup is so simple and tastes so good. When I saw the show Ingrid Hoffman made it with a Mexican Pulled Pork (Tinga Pueblana)is also excellent. I don't often have enough time to make the Pork so the soup gets made more frequently. Anyway, I hope you enjoy them as much as I have.

No comments: